Father’s Day! So much less pressure than Mother’s Day. But we should still make an effort, right? An effort equal to what was made on Mother’s day, at the very least. I find it very handy that Father’s Day comes afterward so you know what level of fuss is appropriate.
If you have small kids, it can be hard to find a gift that they can have input on. But there are some pretty easy crafts that they can do that dads who don’t golf, fish or use power tools on a regular basis will appreciate.
- Dad Hanger. I love this because a hanger is sometimes the first thing I lay my eyes on in the morning, if they haven’t already been peeled open by a toddler while I’m still in bed. These homemade hangers would certainly bring a smile to my face. Depending on the age of your kids, they could do everything from make the entire craft to just decorate.
- Memory Sheet. I love these! The kids always have such funny input and you just never know what they are going to say. It’s also fun to compare the responses over the years and see them go from completely nonsensical to heartfelt. Plus, no matter how silly they are, you usually get at least one compliment, and who doesn’t like to get compliments?
- Coffee mug. This is a cute and easy idea for kids of most ages, and there are so many ways you can do it. You can go the old sharpie on a mug route, or you can use a photo mug site to put your kids’ original art on a mug. You can also use stickers and stencils to help smaller children create something that makes sense tot eh rest of the world if you want. Along the same lines, you could have the kids decorate paper lunch bags for dad to take to work.
- A Book about Dad. This cute father’s day printable gives your kids space to draw and write different things they love about dad! What a cute pick-me-up to keep at work or by your bed!
- Dad coupons. DIY coupons are another great way to help inspire little ones to spend time with dad, or encourage dad to slow down and spend time with them.
If you’ve got any more ideas, please share them below and have a wonderful Father’s Day!