Halloween is upon us! Actually, it’s been upon us since August according to the craft stores, but I’m just now beginning to think about it. I don’t dress up to take my kids trick or treating, but I do love to get in the spirit of things. Last year, I went as a “mombie.” I wore sweatpants and a tee shirt, whatever you normally wear for pick up and drop off, and then I put a zombie bite temporary tattoo on my cheek and didn’t drink my morning coffee. Voila! Mombie.
This year I’m feeling a little more put together, so I’m thinking about Halloween manicures. Here are some fun and easy options that I found.
- Jack Skellington – The style is messy to begin with, so there’s no need for perfection.
- Frankenstein’s Monster – This is also very easy! All you need is green nail polish and a fine-tipped sharpie.
- Festive dots – No need for artistic talent here. Just a few dots of purple, green and orange and you’re done. Practice the dots on a hard surface before you begin to get the shape and size right.
- Orange with chevron – This could be made even simpler by eliminating the two-tone orange.
- Candy corn – Start with yellow and allow to dry, then layer the other two colors over it.
- Jason Mask – Super scary, but also super easy!
- Instant ghost – Paint all your nails black, and then add two mischievous eyes to one nail on each hand.
- Halloween grab bag – Grab a bunch of plastic nails and use fine-tipped paint pens to make a variety of Halloween images.
- Claws – Create the illusion of claws by layering black points over white or nude polish.
- Nail wraps – These are easy to put on, and you don’t have to order from a crazed MLM seller. Check out beauty supply stores, and even Target for nail wraps that don’t involve any artistic talent on your part.
Have fun! Go nuts! With these ideas your nails will look spooktacular!